As the leader in global content connectivity solutions, SES operates the world’s only multi-orbit constellation of satellites with the unique combination of global coverage and high performance, including the commercially-proven, low-latency Medium Earth Orbit O3b system. By leveraging a vast and intelligent, cloud-enabled network, SES is able to deliver high-quality connectivity solutions anywhere on land, at sea or in the air, and is a trusted partner to the world’s leading telecommunications companies, mobile network operators, governments, connectivity and cloud service providers, broadcasters, video platform operators and content owners. Further information is available at: www.ses.com
About O3b and O3b mPOWER
O3b is a satellite constellation in Medium Earth orbit (MEO) operated since 2014 by SES and designed to provide high-throughput, low-latency broadband connectivity to remote locations for mobile network operators and internet service providers, maritime, aviation, as well as government and defence.
With the launch of O3b mPOWER, the second generation MEO constellation, SES’s capabilities will further expand to deliver unprecedented throughput, scalability and flexibility for commercial and government customers.
Proven high-performance connectivity
Orbiting 8,000km above the Earth’s surface, O3b and O3b mPOWER deliver fibre-like connectivity and are ideal for low-latency data applications.
Bridging the Digital Divide
Reliable high-speed connectivity has become an essential service – yet many areas lack reliable access to the Internet. O3b is the world’s only commercially successful non-geostationary satellite system that provides a critical connection to core network internet access points, ensuring that rural and remote areas have the same Quality of Experience as other regions to grow and expand.
O3b Satellite Constellation
O3b enables mobile network operators (MNOs), telcos, and enterprises to expand their footprint into regions and markets unserved or underserved by terrestrial networks. All while allowing government and mobility customers to power high-throughput and latency-sensitive applications wherever they operate. O3b mPOWER will further expand these capabilities as well as offering sovereign services for government customers.
Air, land, and sea mobile on-the-move connectivity with SES’s MEO
Get SAT’s Milli SAT Ka mobile terminals are part of Get SAT’s market-leading family of small form factor, lightweight, and fully integrated mobile terminals. These terminals can be easily deployed on any mobile platform and are optimized for mobile applications.
The major aspect of using a Get SAT terminal with an O3b network, is being able to deploy only one terminal (rather than two) thanks to the minimal handover between the satellites.
• Enabling vehicles, occupants, and wireless devices operate in an “Office-on-wheels” environment in remote and challenging environments.
• Once mounted on a vehicle, the Get SAT terminal can be connected to an in-vehicle baseband kit and easily connects to the vehicle power systems. Provides options for 802.11x/xx network within the vehicle and its immediate surrounding area, providing a WAN for multiple users that support commercially available encryption and password protection.
• High data rates enable options including ISR streaming and other bandwidth-intensive applications with fibre-like latency providing a near real-time user experience.
• Cloud-based services and enterprise applications are optimized with a low-latency feature.
• Intuitive & easy to use with minimal operator training.
With SES’s O3b mPOWER system to be launched soon, the companies are deepening their collaboration to develop and test expanded services for government missions on land, at sea and in the air.