About O3b MEO
O3b is a satellite constellation in Medium Earth orbit (MEO) owned and operated by SES and designed to provide low-latency broadband connectivity to remote locations for mobile network operators and internet service providers, maritime, aviation, and government and defence.
Proven high-performance connectivity
Orbiting 8,000km above the Earth’s surface, the O3b MEO (Medium Earth orbit) constellation delivers low-latency broadband to any area within 50° north or south of the equator
Bridging the Digital Divide
Reliable high-speed connectivity has become an essential service – yet many areas lack reliable access to the Internet. O3b MEO is the world’s only commercially successful non-geostationary satellite system that provides a critical connection to core network internet access points. Ensuring that rural and remote areas have the same Quality of Experience as more developed regions to grow and expand.
O3b MEO Satellite Constellation
O3b MEO enables mobile network operators (MNOs), telcos, and enterprises to expand their footprint into regions and markets unserved or underserved by terrestrial networks. All while allowing government and mobility customers to power high-throughput and latency-sensitive applications wherever they operate.
Air, Land, and sea mobile on-the-move connectivity with O3B MEO
Get Sat’s Milli SAT Ka mobile terminals are part of Get SAT’s market-leading family of small form factor, lightweight, and fully integrated mobile terminals. These terminals can be easily deployed on any mobile platform and are optimized for mobile applications.
The major aspect of using a Get SAT terminal with an O3B network, is being able to deploy only one terminal (rather than two) due to the minimal handover between the satellites, of only 2 seconds.
- Enabling vehicles, occupants, and wireless devices operate in an “Office-on-wheels” environment in remote and challenging environments.
- Once mounted on a vehicle, the Get SAT terminal can be connected to an in-vehicle baseband kit and easily connects to the vehicle power systems. Provides options for 802.11x/xx network within the vehicle and its immediate surrounding area, providing a WAN for multiple users that support commercially available encryption and password protection.
- High data rates enable options including ISR streaming and other bandwidth-intensive applications with fibre-like latency providing a near real-time user experience.
- Cloud-based services and applications are optimized with a low-latency feature.
- Intuitive & easy to use with minimal operator training.